1. Ego is not your amigo.
2. Argue your limitations and they exist.
3. Love yourself.
4. To thine own self be true.
5. Don't give other people power.
6. Something is broken if you are self-medicating with booze, drugs, food, sex, shopping, workouts, or fill-in-the-blank here. The good news? It’s in your power to fix it.
7. Be introspective. It is your key to evolving.
8. Be better tomorrow than you are today.
9. Walk through the pain vs. running, hiding or obliterating it. It’ll just be waiting for you if you don’t.
10. The more we identify our differences, the more separate we remain.
11. Take risks. What are you gonna do…sit around and watch Brady Bunch reruns all day?
12. Understand true reality and realize your perception is not it.
13. Fix your shortcomings.
14. Love is always the answer. Even if you don’t want it to be the answer.
15. The world does not revolve around you.
16. Resentment hurts you the most. Practice forgiveness.
17. Be honest. Period.
18. We can do hard things.
19. Take the high road.
20. Thoughts become things. (Be careful what you think about!)
21. Life is not fair and you aren’t owed anything.
22. No one but you can fix you.
23. Love unconditionally, including yourself.
24. Ditch your expectations—they are just resentments under construction.
25. No matter how hard or painful life gets, you can get through it.
26. You can do anything you set your mind to.
28. Give generously.
29. Stand up for yourself and others. It’s how self-esteem and self-respect grow and blossom.
30. Don’t gossip.
31. Take responsibility for your actions. Always.
32. There are lots of walking wounded out there. Have empathy for your fellow man.
33. We are all connected.
34. You are stronger than you know.
35. Saying you’re sorry without changing your behavior is an empty apology.
36. Faith without works is dead.
37. True beauty is not skin deep.
38. If there are a bunch of assholes in the room, there is usually only one asshole.
39. We are all creative in our own ways, and we all have at least one book in us (writing it is another matter).
40. What appears to be the easier, softer way is usually the hardest, worst way. Just do it the right way.
41. No matter what life has thrown at you, you are responsible for the person you are right now.
42. Life is short. Make it sweet.
43. Live in the present moment.
44. Exiting a bad relationship is a win. Staying in a relationship and overcoming challenges is also a win.
45. Live in gratitude—if it’s your predominant attitude and action, life will be so good.
46. Stay humble.
47. Don’t judge.
48. Have dreams and goals. It’s pretty hard to achieve something you don’t imagine first.
49. Don’t bother with resolutions. Every day is a day you can choose to live the way you want.
50. Comparing yourself to others is a waste of time.
51. Don't blame your parents, siblings, teachers, government, society, (i.e., others) for your circumstances (and also re-read #2, 5, 21, 26, 34 and 41).
52. Money is not the key to happiness.
53. When someone is at their worst, that’s when they need your love the most.
54. Different is good.
55. Appreciate the big things, the little things and all the things.